Welcome to our new series of walk leaflets entitled Rambles by Bus, which are a series of sustainable walks using buses.
These walks are being produced by the Ramblers in conjunction with Southern Vectis on the Isle of Wight.
The walk leaflets (downloadable below) will be widely available at Southern Vectis terminals, from Summer shows and over 70 Walker Friendly Pubs.
A GPX tracklog is now available for each of these walks and can be requested through our contacts page.
1. Towering Tennyson - a walk from Alum Bay visiting the Needles, the Needles batteries and Tennyson Monument.
2. Curious Carisbrooke - meander from historic Newport to centuries-old Carisbrooke Castle, where King Charles I was imprisoned before his execution in 1648.
3. Waterside Whippingham - this walk explores St. Mildred's Church at Whippingham and then follows the River Medina south to Newport.
6. Discovering Dinosaurs - a linear walk that follows the coastal path from Compton Bay to Chale, with spectacular seascapes.
7. Godshill and Appuldurcombe - a hilly walk with excellent landscape views
8. Solent Coast - a coastal walk from Ningwood to Yarmouth overlooking Newtown estuary and the Solent.
9. Ups and Downs - a linear walk on open downland overlooking the English Channel, with historic interest from the Bronze Age to the Cold War.
10. The Warrior Trail (2016 Version) - follow in the footsteps of General Jack Seely and Warrior the War Horse in this circular coastal trail on the Island's south west flank.
11. Pier to Creek - a linear walk linking the transport hub at Ryde Pier with Wootton Creek, passing the Church of Tthe Holy Cross and Quarr Abbey.
12. Sandown to Bembridge - A linear walk over chalk cliffs at the extreme eastern end of the Island, featuring geology, dinosaurs and tigers.